Thursday, October 17, 2013

{ Here we go! }

Hello, People of the Internets!

After mulling it over, I finally decided that my alter-ego, Marty Stewart, needed an outlet through which to share all of the various craft projects I work on--but most importantly, I wanted to share what I learn along the way so that perhaps someone out there won't have to make the same mistakes. (Plus, sometimes it's really hard to find information on various niche subjects, so I thought it would be good for me to have one place in which to keep all of my notes for future reference.)

So, here it is--Marty Stewart's outlet: "krafty kade", the blog

And, yes, I do know that "krafty" should be spelled with a "c". However, the use of the "k" serves two purposes here:

1) It goes nicely with "kade".

2) I'm no Martha Stewart. That is, much like imitation crab commonly sold as "krab",  I try my hardest--but I often fall short of being the real thing. So, just like those who fall short of being classy become known as "klassy" in my book (they tried their hardest, bless them, but they didn't quite make it), my crafting ability is not perfected by any stretch of the imagination. So, I'm "krafty".

All of that is to say, as I share my various projects along my crafting journey, I'd appreciate tips, hints, and advice--but negative criticism (or attacks on others who may share insight) is not welcomed or tolerated here. I already know if something isn't quite right; I don't need the extra reminders to understand that.  However, shared expertise is much appreciated and hoped for. Oh, and in case you didn't already know or couldn't tell from this entry, I'm very wordy. I don't apologize for it; it's part of who I am & so most entries here will probably be a little lengthy.

As far as what those entries will be, I can't say that I have an interest in just one specific type of crafting, so they will cover the gamut: gift wrapping, sewing, embroidery, stenciling, decorative vinyl transfers, heat vinyl transfers (HTV), general decorating, and I may even throw in some cooking, as I view that as a craft skill. But first, we'll be kicking off with my current obsession and project: glass etching. Stay tuned...



No comments :

Post a Comment